Saturday, January 8, 2011

Soda Pop -

I have always loved soft drinks. I don't think there is anything better than the refreshment of a cold soft drink.



I use to adore ( I mean adore) coca-cola. It was my beverage of choice then and my beverage of choice now. Yet, several years ago I stopped drinking coke when I was on a diet. I loved it so much but it was just something that I had to refrain from purchasing. So now, I never purchase coke for my house. I only enjoy a coke when I am out a restaurant or somewhere where that is the available choice.

After I made a commitment to not bring coke into my house (it has been four years now), I replaced it with drinking another beverage of choice.

I went to water first (only because of diet)


.....then Sprite Zero (okay choice but hard to find at restaurants, stores and etc.)




..... then to unsweeten tea (McDonald's only and I was still on my diet), then to McDonald's sweet tea after my diet was over(Really good but not available at home and I had to go the bathroom every five seconds)



......then to my new love - Barq's Rootbeer.



I have tried everything I can think of stop loving sodas so much. They are so bad for me but I would give up food for my glass of soda. It is an addiction and I am not sure how to give it up for good without a replacement.

I need a new beverage of choice that is available wherever I am -or- maybe I just need to be strong and learn to live on water alone! (As if..)

No comments:

Post a Comment