Friday, December 30, 2011

Dear 2012

Dear 2012,




I am sitting here thinking of how excited I am to meet you. Really, I have been giddy over the last week for the unexpected blessings and new opportunities that await me and my family in the new year.

Just so you know, 2011 and I had a great relationship. As a family, we had many new challenges that we faced together and more triumphs that we claimed. We experienced life and embraced the blessings that unfolded daily thru out the year.

In 2012, I have new goals, new aspirations and most especially a new focus. It feels a little empowering to be so determined to accomplish the impossible! I will end 2012 with a sense of accomplishment, I am certain, because I am focused to achieve. Even if I find myself not accomplishing the entire portion of the goal I will have at least made a step in the right direction. I know I can at least do that much!

My 2012 Goals are:

Personal -

Like every other single American I plan to shed some pounds! I got 40 lbs (that is a small child) off before Thanksgiving and in January I plan to pick back up and get moving!

I also plan to continue with my journey to rediscover ME! This will not make sense to many but to me, I have found that with all the hats in life that I wear that I have overlooked ME! I am not aiming to become self absorbent but self aware. To embellish the parts of myself that I love and remove the things about myself that I am not happy with.

Spiritually -

I am going to read the bible chronologically this year. A deeper understanding of the history and timelines of events in the bible.

In 2011, I started the Read The Bible Thru in a year challenge. I finished but did not participate in all the studies at the church. I likely missed out on some great feedback from people who are much wiser than me but then again - sometimes I think I just need t let what God is trying to teach me soak in.
I also plan to listen more. This is the hardest thing for me to do is to STOP and listen for God to tell me what He has in store for me. I miss so many things that God wants for me because I am busy doing to get to a point where if I just would have listed God would have taken me there sooner.
Financially-

Balanced Budget! - This is an obvious goal since it always gets a little out of "balance" at the end of the year. Number 1 goal of January is to get this back to where it should be so that it does not creep into other months. Get those credit cards back down to a $0 balance after unexpected extra cash needs at Christmas time.

Home Purchase - I am hoping to find my new home this year. It got put off in 2011 for several reasons and I am hoping that sometime in the fall we will be ready to possibly move into our new home. This is kinda one of those things that I can't make happen over night but I am putting all the pieces into the right place for when it happens.

Planning - We have a lot of big purchases and/or big obligations that are coming up in the next few years. This year, I plan to see where we need to be financially to make sure that kids college education is secure. Oh and there is some matter of a possible car for certain almost 16 year old. A few changes needs to be made but I am hoping that 2012 is geared up to afford me these luxuries.

Family-

Immediate Family - I plan to spend more time with my kids. Re-establish the family outings that we have gotten away from. Mini weekends, tank full day trips or even more vacations. I also plan to not make my family second to other things that sometimes get in the way. I want to spend quality time with Kagan, Kade and Kenadee that involves knowing them more. They are getting older and the line between drill sargaent and friend is pretty thin but I want to invest more time in my relationship with them.

My hubby- he deserves so much more than I give him. I find that I give myself 100% in other areas but he often is neglected because I can count on him to always be there. Gonna make sure that 2012 is another year of strengthening the relationship that is most important. My commitment to also help him finally open his shop this year is my number one focus. I want Maged Industries to prosper in 2012 because Kaleb is so talented and amazing at what he does. I want him to share that with others.

My parents - I miss them. Going to make sure that I see them this year. I am also excited that they have entered into the world of facebook, email and text messaging. Really hoping that maybe we can do a mini-vacation with them and there is even talk of going home for the holidays this year.

My extended family - I want to connect more. We have family that lives in Florida that we rarely see and my Texas family is becoming less often communicated with. Sure, I love the facebook interaction, but I think I am missing the heart to heart family time with them as well.

My Job-

This year has been a little more difficult in work. I love my job and what I get to do. Yet, there are things that I know need to change to make it better. I am not going to complain, I am just going to be that change. I think I have gotten away from that by trying to hold others accountable but then I am just convicted that if I do the right thing then I will at least feel the accomplishment.

My Friendships

I have a few friendships that I am going to really invest in this year. One of my best friends and I only saw one another a few times this past year. We are going to change that for 2012. Plus, there are people that I invested way more in during prior years when my real friends deserved my loyalty and my time. I failed on giving of my time to the wrong people and that will not happen this year.

I learned a lot in 2011 to make me a better person but I am looking forward to you and I meeting in a few days. My promise to you, my dear 2012, is that I am ready to work hard and play harder. I will not give up no matter what you bring. I will pray daily to thank God for blessing me with another day and I will pray harder that God will guide me to the next day. I will await God's answers to the big questions I have and I will patiently listen for God's direction for my path.

Let's do this 2012!!!

Love,

Misti

No comments:

Post a Comment