Saturday, June 30, 2012

Playing Stay At Home Mom

With the demands of my life in the past few years, I have completely lost what it was like to be a Stay At Home Mom. What once was my ordinary daily activity was replaced with priorities of my job and my kid's ever busy activities.
I don't regret being a Stay At Home Mom nor do I regret being a Working Mom. They each have had their seasons in my life. I embraced both during the seasons that they were the role I played in my life. Now, I am in an in between season of my life. This part of my life is where I am on a leave of absence from my work and giving being a a stay at home mom my full attention for this moment in time. Something that in my mind there was no option as to IF this would be the way it was or not. This part of my life is filled with cleaning, cooking, baking, dog walking, my kid's activities, doctor's appointments, and etc. It is more work than any job! It is 24/7. For now, we don't what will come next. Even though I had my goals and plans all laid out for the next five years, God took a black sharpie and just put a big "TBD" (to be determined) over my whole life plan. I am a planner. What do I do now if I don't have the exact plan or the exact time frame in which to make a plan? I am trusting that God has the plan and this is comforting. Yet, the not knowing still leaves me anxious and scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment