Friday, January 7, 2011

Challenge One- Question One

“What is the one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?”




I want to know more about God’s world! I love history and I love the word of God but I typically an unable to place historical events with biblical events. I forget that the world of the past I read about in the bible actually had worldly things occurring as well. The times were filled with as many choices of ungodly things to do to distract people from God (even when he walked among them)! Those who lived their faith out were NOT living in a glass bubble. With as many events that are recorded in biblical history, there are many that are not.

I want to understand the importance of God’s timing through out history. I first got a desire to learn more about God’s timing (his use of “worldly kings” and “worldly events”) during a Beth Moore bible study. I never thought of the how God might have allowed certain events, some even tragic, to draw his people closer to him.

The story of God’s provision on manna is hard to understand unless you realize the location and barriers that the people faced to provide for themselves. Even understanding a post-Eden world is hard to fully appreciate unless you realize that Adam and Eve were not citizen’s of modern culture.

I know that to enjoy God, I have know God. He has assigned to me to live today, during this time! Why? If 2011 allows me to enjoy God more, I think my pursuit of seeing HIM in the world and HIS works in the world will increase my enjoyment of HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment